Tuesday 26 July 2016

check yourself

This is probably the last time I’ll write about this issue. You know how they say “you never know how much something means to you till you lose it.”? Well, I’ve come to realise that you never know how much something affects you till it’s resolved either. If you haven’t caught the drift from the previous posts then please. Leave. You’re not welcome.

I kid. But yeah, in the past year, I’ve lost my sense of wonder with the world, that simple fairytale likeness in which I saw the world somehow faded into oblivion without me knowing. I laughed less, I prayed almost never; everything seemingly revolved around getting another glimpse of colour, so to speak. It is only now, when this matter’s been resolved, that it dawns on me how invested, how much of my mind it occupied. I know it’s cliché but it’s really as if this big (like, BIG big) rock has been lifted off my chest. I can, at last, breathe again.


Keeping in mind that this will only be seen by close friends and future nemo, this is a plea to check yourself. Has something been bothering you or occupying too much memory space on your mental hard drive? I’ve learnt that, like anything with a shelf life, our thoughts – pre-conceived judgements, innermost desires, even the most careful of considerations – when left alone, will eventually come to fester and rot. What we’re left with is a toxic desert of a mind. 

Maybe I’m exaggerating. You get the point. Check yourself.  

Purge those pointless ramblings. 

Or put in a blog. 

Gasp.

Now you know. 

Secrets are mean to be kept. (or I'll find you. and HUG you)

I’m out.

No comments:

Post a Comment