Friday 26 August 2016

awe

I like still places. In the perfect world, I’d be chilling on a breakwater on the beach or on the canopy of the Amazon. Sometimes I picture myself lying on grass, staring up at a night sky dotted with stars. These are the moments when I’m left with the revelation that the world doesn’t revolve around me.

When you’re out sailing, there are times when you see nothing but the sea and sky.

Absolutely nothing but the seemingly infinite ocean.

In this gorgeous landscape, I am but a speck. It’s precious times like these that I appreciate the vastness of our world and the majesty of creation. All worries and insecurities are cast aside, the whole person is reveling in face of the overwhelming realization that the scene before you is magnificent, almost elemental.

That, my friends, is true beauty. Not a face caked with makeup, not desperately covering up flaws with Photoshop, not thigh gaps or eyebrows that are “on fleek”. Alas, we’re often so self-centred and self-serving that these indications become our only sense of beauty.

I ain’t ‘fraid to admit, I daydream of sitting on a bench by the lake with that special someone (who’s faceless, for now.) and talking the night away, all the while being silenced by the serenity.

For now, I look up into the sky every morning in awe.  Never has the phrase "breath-taking" ever been so real to me.

Hey, one can dream right?

No comments:

Post a Comment