Wednesday 27 September 2017

Tragedy

Tragedy was when I broke my birthday present
or dropped my favourite mug.

Tragedy was when I turned a means for me to train my mind
to a mad race for the numbers 6, 90 and 5.0.

Tragedy was when I interpreted the means of His provision
as a never-ending ladder of my own glory.

Tragedy was when I trampled upon friendship 
and used them as means to kill my boredom.

Tragedy was when I took family 
to be an evitable springboard into the greener side. 

Tragedy was when I abused what was meant to bring joy
as means to levitate my ego.

Tragedy was when I chose to twist the potential for abounding love
Into the greatest calamity.

Upon the greatest tragedies reigns a Greater Mystery
It is as such:

Tragedy was when He lost a Son
Tragedy was when He was crushed for my sin

In the end
Tragedy is when I refuse Him still
and numb it with fleeting fantasies.

No comments:

Post a Comment